WHAT & HOW
Waxing is a non-permanent hair removal method that removes hair from the root using a soft or hard wax. A thin layer of wax is spread over the skin, then a cloth strip is pressed on top and ripped off swiftly against the direction of hair growth. Using hard wax, a semi-hardened strip of wax is ripped off at the same swift speed against the direction of hair growth.
WHY WAX WITH STRIP?
WAXPERT TRAINING BOOTCAMP
All our Waxperts go through a strict 8-week boot camp of vigorous training before servicing their first customer.
EXCLUSIVE FORMULATED WAX
Our proprietary Strip Berry Chocolate Wax & Strawberry Virgin Wax was born from a customised wax formula targeted at reducing pain levels and tackling sensitive areas to minimise discomfort.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD WAX?
Strip’s Hygiene factor guarantees a no "double-dipping" policy with individually sealed and disposable hygiene packs used for each treatment. The Speed of our Waxperts displays their skill, precision and experience. The Quality of our customised wax and post-treatment care products will ensure that you get an excellent treatment without any skin inflammation and infections.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX?
A Brazilian Wax is the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the vagina, perineum and anus).
A Boyzilian Wax is the male variant of Brazilian Wax. It involves the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the scrotum, penis, perineum and anus).
HOW LONG DOES A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX TAKE?
A Brazilian Wax takes approximately 30 minutes, while a Boyzilian Wax takes around 45 minutes.
HOW OFTEN CAN I GET A WAX?
Most people will get a wax about 4 to 6 weeks after their last treatment. 6mm is the ideal hair length for a wax.
CAN I GET A BRAZILIAN WAX IF I AM PREGNANT?
It is best to consult your gynaecologist before your treatment, but it is generally safe to have a Brazilian wax after your first trimester.
WHEN CAN I GET A BRAZILIAN WAX POSTPARTUM?
It is best to consult your gynaecologist before your treatment, but it is generally safe to have a Brazilian Wax 3 months after natural birth or 6 months after caesarean delivery.
WHICH BODY AREAS CAN BE WAXED?
Almost any area of the body: leg, bikini line, back, underarms, arms and face.
WHAT HEALTH CONDITIONS SHOULD I DISCLOSE WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT?
Yes, please inform our Customer Relations Officers if you have any of the following conditions:
– Have consumed or applied Accutane, Roaccutane, Retin A, Vitamin B or AHA within the past 6 months;
– Are having your period;
– Have sunburned, wind-burned, dry, chapped, irritated or broken skin or any open wounds on the treatment area;
– Have sores, warts, ulcers, moles, birthmarks or tattoos on the treatment area;
– Have had Radiation treatment (such as UV Sun tanning), electrolysis or excess sunbathing within the past 6 months;
– Have had excess sunbathing within the past week;
– Have had a surgical procedure in the past 6 months;
– Are pregnant or breastfeeding;
– Have given birth by natural delivery in the past 3 months, or a Caesarian delivery in the last 6 months.
WHAT IS THE POST TREATMENT CARE?
For 24 hours following your treatment:
– No hot baths;
– No swimming or sunbathing;
– No heat or UV treatments like sun beds or saunas;
– No tight clothing;
– No application of perfumed products, including deodorant, anti-perspirant, self-tanner or make-up on the treated area;
– No scrubbing or rubbing of the treated area (unless you want a bacterial infection);
– No intensive exercise.
In addition, please:
– Apply Ingrown Hair Cream 24 hours after your wax and then once a day for 2 weeks to prevent and treat ingrown hair;
– Exfoliate every 4 to 7 days, 3 days after your wax.